<VV> Carb Block Offs

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sun Aug 12 10:15:39 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Kronen" <billpat at telusplanet.net>
Subject: <VV> Carb Block Offs

> Recent posts seem to suggest that if the secondary carbs are isolated by
> shutting off their fuel supply, than it's necessary to block off the
> carb base as well.  My 66 140 seems to run fine with just the fuel cut
> off.  Whats the reason for blocking off the baseof the carbs?
> Bill Kronen
> Rocky Mt. House, AB
*********
Unless you block off the air supply thru the 2nd carbs also, it would seem
that you would have a very lean mixture ( wet stuff only thru 1st carbs, but
way too much air thru all 4 carbs .  If you disconnect the trottle linkage
to the 2nds, and close the throttle valves ( butterfly s ) securely, maybe
that would work ... most of the time.

If the 2nds leaked even a little air, it would seem to result in a fast
idle, maybe erratic .. ..

How did you allow for the extra air?

thanks, ken campbell, iwooyah