Humidity Re: <VV> Re: GARAGE IDEAS

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sun Aug 12 22:34:02 EDT 2007

Ken -

You can't do it the way you suggest if you are measuring RELATIVE
humidity.  Cold air holds less moisture less well than hotter air so
50% RH cold air contains a WHOLE LOT less water than 50% RH warm air.
  If you control your fans off of RH, you will have cold drier air
outside at night often but not run the fan because the RH is higher
outside.  The reverse error is true as well... To do what you are
suggesting, the system should run on ABSOLUTE humidity, not RELATIVE
humidity...

Jim "pull out those steam tables" Burkhard