<VV> Econo and TSD

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 13 12:23:05 EDT 2007

I think the discussion somehow missed my point when I suggested combining
the econorun and rally. What I really meant was that possibly the two ought
to be run back-to-back or in combination. By doing so, 1)people would not
be able to modify their cars for max economy beyond what was rally-safe,
and conversely 2)cars would be kept on a somewhat strict timetable, so that
unsafely slow speeds and other questionable practices could not be used.
The econorun would not be run with rally-type directions, but with normal
econorun directions. The rally would be run in the usual manner, but with
whatever allowances needed to include time/space for the econorun portion.
There would also be provisions for those who only wanted to run one or the
other.

The above numbered two points would be my suggestions to correct the two
points that I detected as the objections on the econorun. Maybe the subject
could be hashed out with that in mind.

-Mark