<VV> Inquiring minds ???c

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 13 21:08:04 EDT 2007

I once looked at a '67 Monza 4door that had a really late VIN. At the time,
I recall that I didn't know alot about some of the coding, so I can't
really say if it was the last Monza 4door. If memory serves me right, I
think the VIN put it in the last 100 '67's or less. It was a fairly average
car, Marina blue w/medium blue interior (weren't they all?) w/110 glide.

The one thing at the time I wanted to check was that the seat backs were
definately metal. Somewhere around #23,000 they changed all the 2door cars
to plastic backs, but not the 4doors. Reason? The plastic backs had the
seatback latch slot molded in, and since the 4door didn't have them (they
had a bolt put in from the bottom to hold the seat back in place) they had
to keep using the metal backs.

Just ONE of the many, many things that are special about '67's, a truely
unique year.

Incidentally, I was shown the car by Jack Dempsey of the Group Corvair (DC
area).

-Mark