<VV> Intake Valve Problem / Corvairitis IS Infectious!

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 07:08:35 EDT 2007

Although I've got no experience with this particular situation, I suspect
it's possible.

If the exhaust valve is letting all the air out (no air/fuel mixture since
intake valve is staying closed), the next down stroke is to draw air/fuel in
creating a vacuum.  W/o the intake open and worn rings, (or gaps lined up,
or broken ring, etc) it seems you could get some blow by.

But I would think something else would have to be wrong, too, like a broken
ring or piston hole.  I guess it depends on how much smoke you're getting.

Personally, I'd double check the head stud in the case, reinstall, do a
compression check.  If all is good, drive on.

Barry in SC
2 lates, 2 earlies