<VV> Dummy Drivetrain Advice for Transport

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Wed Aug 15 12:15:15 EDT 2007

I don't have access to it right now, but I think it was in an article in the
LEEKY SEEL, the newsletter of Corvair Minnesota (believe you can get to the
website via CORSA website) where I read of a method of making an attachment so
you can move a Corvair with the powertrain out.  It also talked about replacing
the rear shocks with a solid piece of metal so you can reinstall the
powertrain easily and match up the lower strut rods.  Again, I'm getting old so the
memory goes, but I seem to remember it was welded up with a couple of bars and
some adjustment points.  Don't believe it was too heavy, and it seems that
there measurements so one could build it.  I believe it was in the last year, and
it could have been Corvair Minnesota Member Fran Schmidt that wrote the
article.  He sometimes lurks on VV as does several members of Corvair Minnesota.
Hope this helps.

Todd in TX
(still a member of Corvair Minnesota)