<VV> Dummy Drivetrain Advice for Transport

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Wed Aug 15 13:35:01 EDT 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Darrin Hartzler wrote:

> I am buying a car that is several states away and the current owner
> wants
> to pull the drivetrain before selling the car.

You're getting some interesting suggestions to this problem. All of
them include fabricating parts that would have to be fastened on by the
shipper. It seems like there is some danger with any of these
suggestions that your car will be damaged.

When all is said and done, would the best solution be to simply have
the entire car shipped to you; you remove the powertrain and ship it
back to the previous owner? I realize the shipping to return the
powertrain would be significant, but it would solve the other problems.

Someone else alluded to this, if this is what they meant.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
President, CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC