<VV> Dummy Drivetrain Advice for Transport

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 15 11:24:47 EDT 2007

The lightest thing that works well would be a bare block with bell
housing and the piece which holds the distributor, a differential (with
at least the carrier), and a proper transmission case for what came out
of the car. Unless you use a complete differential with fluid it should
NOT be flat towed. With care a bar between the axles and a differential
case will work but I would be worried about the handling it might get in
shipping by a non Corvair guy.

Mike Kost