<VV> Bad/worn distributor ?

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 01:01:55 EDT 2007

  Hi:

  What are the signs of a bad/worn distributor?

  Here's what I've done on my 1960 Monza (140 HP)

  1) All 4 carbs are rebuilt and synchronized
  2) New electric fuel pump installed (E8012S)
  3) All new fuel lines
  4) New spark plugs and wires
  5) Alternator w/internal regulator
  6) timing is at 14 degrees

  The car idles perfectly. Runs great for a mile or so, then as if it's running out of fuel
  (tank is full) it loses power and dies.

  When I'll crank it again, it has power for 10 or 15 seconds, then the same thing
  over again. I had electronic ignition - switched it back to points - no difference !
  I've already installed a new coil, emptied the fuel tank & tested the fuel pump.

  Regards,

  Tony Irani
  Charlotte, NC