[VV-talk] Re: <VV> Fuse Warning (non-Corvair)

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Aug 17 06:37:33 EDT 2007

Yes you gets what you pay for..............
I agree, just the tip of the iceberg.
The recent major recalls of toys contaminated with lead paint is yet another
interesting example.
So the toys are going to be recalled.........millions of them! Then what?
Re-sold to another country? Or disposed of? Even if they are landfilled,
there will be lead paint possibly leaching out into our environment.
Has anyone checked or tested all the other made in China items shipped here?
Consumer goods that are painted like box fans, lamps, and just about
everything on the shelves at Wal-Mart?
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has for years had problems with manufactured
goods shipped from china with counterfeit UL labels installed! Even when UL
started using a holographic version of the labels, the counterfeiters found
it more cost effestive to counterfeit the holographic labelling than to
actually make the items properly. And note: UL labelling in this instance is
fire rating for electrical parts.

How about the Chinese tires falling apart? Recall, but again, more scrap to
be disposed of.

Free Trade with China?????? Yeah, that was a great idea?
And Wal-Mart, and other major retailers that buy into this get richer, but
at what cost to the consumer?
What's a few lives here and there, as long as we meet the bottom line, and
bear no responsibility.
Wonder who the actuaries were that deemed these actions cost effective?

Gary Swiatowy