<VV> Headlights go out

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 17 08:14:01 EDT 2007

     Wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded to my post.  I already had the headlight switch, so after getting everyone's comments, I went ahead and installed it.  Not too bad --- only 3 brief contorted trips under the dash.
     Several folks had indicated that the symptoms sounded more like a problem with the dimmer switch.  So I had Doran pull that off, clean all the contacts, and clean the mud and rust off the floor so it would make a good ground when he bolted it back down.  He suggested that maybe we should check at our local Advance Auto (where we're well known) to see if they could order the switch.  On a lark we stopped in there, and low and behold they actually had one on the shelf!!!  Interestingly the computer first came up with a "generic" or "universal" switch.  However, when we saw the picture, we knew we'd have to cut and re-wire the connections to make that one work. The guy then had his computer cross-reference that part number and it came up with a Delco part that was identical, and he had it on the shelf.
     Doran just got his drivers license last Wednesday.  So yesterday evening he made his first truly solo run to his job at a pizza joint in the maroon Vair, and came home with no worries that the lights would go out on him.  Again, thanks.

                  Travis Payne       65 Monza coupe
                  Raliegh, NC        65 500 coupe