<VV> re: failed emissions

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 19:03:17 EDT 2007

http://www.team-integra.net/images/BAEC1978-D3A7-4405-AB2D-2761DC15A96D/articles/sak/ResizeofSmogChart.jpg

Generally HC decreases the leaner you go, until you get a misfire that dumps plenty of unburned HC.  It's easier to walk the line with fuel injection since the cylinders get nearly equal air/fuel ratio, which simply can not be said for carburetored cars.

Is that 1 1/16" float setting a little high?
http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog.cgi?function=goto&catalog=SPECIALTY&section=TECH&page=TECH-17
That might make it tough to get a clean setting, maybe aggravated by your extra altitude that generally calls for leaner settings to get the "right" A/F

--
Dan Timberlake