Camaro, was: <VV> front engine Corvair

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 19 21:05:44 EDT 2007

Oh, yea. Actually, the base equipment for a Camaro was a six banger, and a
three speed. Powerglide was usually the only optional automatic, as well.
And while buckets were standard, a bench seat was available, as it was on
Firebird, Mustang, and Cougar. I've seen all of these cars with bench
seats. Even saw two Camaro bench seats go on eBay recently, and you
wouldn't believe the price! Both were '67 seats, and one without headrests
went for around $545, while the one WITH headrests went for $750 something.
Those pony/muscle car enthusiasts are insane.

-Mark

Say, does anyone know of a 1967 Camaro with a straight six, powerglide on
the column, and a bench seat? I saw a Pontiac Firebird like that once and
was wondering if such a Camaro existed.