<VV> Powerglide ID?

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Aug 19 21:42:08 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/19/2007 3:04:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fullerhotshotz at yahoo.com writes:

<<My 64 PG had this stamped on the pan. T 11 25D. Any significance to this?
Is there a way to determine from the vin # what day a car was built? >> SNIP

Dennis,
If I read it right, it's the date code... your Fisher Tag should say
something like 11E or 12A on the very top... that narrows the date of assembly to the
week (letter) and month (number), so 12A would be the first week of
December... then, get a copy for the month of December 1963, and you might be lucky
enough to have the first on a friday... helps narrow it down further...

The date code on the engine (if original) should also be close to
T1125(engine type code here-one or two letters)....

My 64 700 sedan has an assembly date of 06A (first week of June, 1964),
engine date T0522Z (May 22, 1964), and I seem to remember seeing a similar stamp on
the side of the powerglide, but I don't think it was on the pan... I might
have to crawl under and check... but I think I remember seeing a powerglide pan
with a date code similar to what you're saying...

As for your Fisher tag, it will tell you everything you want to know about
your car... accessory codes, interior colors, exterior color, and body number
off the assembly line...
It's the big tag in the engine compartment on the rear frame rail...

Good luck, and I hope this helps.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Kentucky Corvair
1961 Greenbrier
1963 Greenbrier
1964 700 sedan
1969 Monza coupe FOR SALE