<VV> front engine Corvair

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Aug 20 19:47:04 EDT 2007

At 05:33 PM 8/19/2007, jwcorvair at aol.com wrote:
>I like front engine Corvairs. However, they are usually?called
>Camaros. Say, does anyone know of a 1967 Camaro with a straight six,
>powerglide on the column, and a bench seat? I saw a Pontiac Firebird
>like that once and was wondering if such a Camaro existed.

Indeed they did.   Seen a couple, my brother had one ('67) with those
qualifications.

There were also a VERY scant few '66 Camaros like that as
well.    The '66 cars were pretty much identical to the '67s except
for the single bowl master cylinder.   Most were titled as '67s but
at least a few came off the floor titled as '66 models.   I know
personally of one such car.

Now, before there are folks who jump me saying there's no such thing
as a '66 Camaro, be very sure of your facts before you jump.   Like I
said, I have personal experience with such... INCLUDING the VIN with
a 6 in that correct spot.

  By the way, the Camaro in question was a 6 banger, bench seat, PG
on the column.

tony..