<VV> OK is it true or not ?

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:35:08 EDT 2007

Frank,

I, too, have heard the stories and I bet it's happen to more than a few of
the people on this list.  (NOT ME!).  If you think about it, it would be
easy to do.  On the rear motor mount, if the rear nut(s) which are pointed
downward get loose and back off, there's nothing holding the rear of the
engine up.  Jack it back up, reinstall with new nuts, and you're on your
way, barring damage to the oil pan, linkages, sheet metal, mufflers, etc.
It really doesn't have too far to fall.

I don't think the stories involved the entire engine rolling out, separating
from the car, the car goes bump and goes on down the road sans engine.
Funny to think of, but pretty much impossible w/o some serious warnings.
(drive axles, lower supports, front tranny bolts, tranny and gas linkage)

Barry in SC
2 lates, 2 earlies