<VV> OK is it true or not ?

iscdirector iscdirector at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 15:02:08 EDT 2007

The engine in our 1960 model came loose at the rear mount about 1969 while my Mom was driving it. As she went across a pair of railroad tracks in an industrial area on the way to work it just fell out. After towing to a gas station for repair, it was blamed on the big nut on top of the motor mount. The nut had come off because the cotter pin was missing. This had been left off apparently during a repair at the Chevy dealer in the early 60's to replace exhaust valves (anyone familiar with this campaign bulletin ?). These two things were the only problems with this car (other than normal maintenance) during the 17 years and 200,000 miles plus that my Dad had it.

Frank Maloof <corvette at velocity.net> wrote:   guys have been telling me at the Cruises about the corvair motors falling out of the cars when driveing them down the road years ago , can ,and did this ever happen ,they keep telling me to watch for it to happen to my corvair , i am new to corvairs , the New-B , Frank From Near Erie Pa .