<VV> RE: Savage, Corvair, Hagerty's "questionable list"

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Aug 23 17:40:56 EDT 2007

At 04:16 PM 8/22/2007, corvairs wrote:
>Isn't his name Savitch?  Lon

www.michaelsavage.com

Savage is his professional nom de plum.   His actual surname is Weiner...

And somebody still needs to tell him about Corvairs.   We have enough
bad press as it is, don't need national talk show hosts perpetuating
uneducated caustic remarks about 'Vairs.

I also sent an e-mail to Hagerty, regarding their yet-again posting
of the top-10 list of "questionable car designs", in which Corvairs
were included... and got a condescending reply about how it was all
"good natured" jabbing.  Or something.

 >We hope you understand that we do not want to alienate any
enthusiasts, but rather enjoy a look at some notably dubious attempts
at automotive innovation. <

So:   It would appear by the reply that Hagerty considers the Corvair
to be among the notably dubious attempts at automotive innovation.

Ahh...  what a great way to attract Corvair owners to the Hagerty ranks.

tony..