<VV> Ok ... here it goes-

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 23 15:33:18 EDT 2007

If you are removing the power train (trans axle) I'd suggest at least examining the U joints and greasing what you can. If there is even a hint of rust where the caps fit on, replace all four. You may need all new heater hoses.

  PS: why a solid fly wheel??

  Requires sarcastic comment..........Ya know the engine comes out the bottom!??

Cash Case <cash.case at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  My '65 Corsa is getting new parts...
It should be very happy-

I was was just going to replace the rear engine seal, but since I'll
be in the neighborhood I thought better do all this other stuff. I
posted a week or two ago, but the parts just got here.
Before I start wrenching- Is there anything that I should be aware of
before I take this thing down to a couple of thousand pieces. ;op

I got my parts from the friendly neighborhood UPS man:
New throwout bearing
New pilot bushing
New front seal and split ring for the front of the dif
New push rods
New lifters
New pressure plate
New single piece fly wheel.
More o-rings then a bowl of cheerios
A gasket or 10.

Wisdom appreciated, sarcastic comments expected. ;op
-Cash

MIKE KOVACS