<VV> Ok ... here it goes-

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 22:44:23 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/23/2007 6:05:29 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

I got a  solid fly wheel because I spoke to the vendor and I couldn't
think  of a reason not to. Should I have gotten a bolted  one?

A great question, Cash. Bob Benzinger said that Chevrolet had to use the
flexible flywheel because a solid caused a "freight train noise". This was true
for the 140/144 cid engines BUT was it also true for the 164 cid engines? Chev
 never checked apparently. So maybe, just maybe, a solid will work OK for the
164  engine. Please let us know how it works out.
Regards,
Bob Helt