<VV> Ok ... here it goes-

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 23:22:58 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/23/2007 7:44:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
BobHelt at aol.com writes:

A great  question, Cash. Bob Benzinger said that Chevrolet had to use the
flexible flywheel because a solid caused a "freight train noise". This was
true
for the 140/144 cid engines BUT was it also true for the 164  cid engines?
Chev
never checked apparently. So maybe, just maybe, a solid  will work OK for the
164  engine. Please let us know how it works  out.
Regards,
Bob Helt

Years ago, I had a solid flywheel on my '66.  It was noisier than the
riveted flywheel but it wore the clutch surface badly and I had to remove it and
put in a bolted flywheel.

Scotty from Hollyweird