<VV> Balancing a solid flywheel....

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 25 17:31:14 EDT 2007

Bob wrote:

>it should definitely be on the crank when the whole assembly is balanced (IMO).

And you want to make your own alignment marks (center punch divots work
fine) so you can reassemble it the way it was balanced -- crank,
pressure plate, and flywheel.

maybe if you lived in the middle of some remote wilderness, I could
understand your problems finding someone to balance your stuff, but in
Dallas?   You can find ANYTHING in Dallas!  Call the Porsche places and
ask who they use -- if they do it in house, ask if they would do yours.
First, balance that flywheel statically, then do the Dynamic!

Don't forget the thing on the other end of the crank, either.

Bill Strickland