<VV> Engine ID numbers

Melissa Layman melissa_layman at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 25 18:27:10 EDT 2007

Hey guys,

I got a good deal on a used engine, two transmissions and other assorted stuff today....$20.00 for the lot.  Wondering how to identify the engine...I'd like to rebuild it and put the turbo assembly back on and then put it into my '63.  To me the engines look identical, but need to be sure.  I found one number engraved on the engine just above the belt pulley - T033IRD....not sure if this is a serial number for the engine or an ID .... any suggestions would be appreciated.  One of the transmissions is an automatic...no idea what year or anything....if you tell me where to look on it I can pull off numbers for you.  If anyone is interested, let me know.  I have no idea how I'd get the silly thing to you, if you weren't local.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Melissa

1963 Monza Spyder Convertible