<VV> Re: Fan & idler pulley bearing temps.

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Sun Aug 26 01:27:56 EDT 2007

You bring up an excellent point.
Don't guess at how hot it is, measure it.

We routinely measure tire temperatures on Bryan's (www.gardellaracing.net) Legends Car with an infrared gun. We have also used the IR gun to measure, front wheel bearings, front brake rotors,rear endd housing, oil filter, exhaust headers, cylinder head, track temperature as well. It's a great tool to compare temperatures of different components.

Plus during the slow times at the track, you can also measure the occasional crew members nose or see how cold your favorite beverage is, lol.

Roy