Newb Reference Material - was: RE: <VV> Engine ID

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 26 01:58:05 EDT 2007

I'm posting this to the list Melissa, because I expect folks are going to
disagree with me, as a matter of fact, I hope they do.  A little discussion
on this sort of thing can be good.

Keeping in mind your already have the factory shop manuals.

This is my ranking for a Newb.

#1) Beginner's Manual (comes free with a CORSA Membership, eh!)
#2) How To Keep Your Corvair Alive
#3) CORSA Tech Guide and Supplements

Bob Helt's The Classic Corvair is a little more on the advanced side, but is
the most up to date so might cover any modification questions you might have
the aren't addressed in these other books.  Best coffee table Corvair book,
hands down is "The Corvair Decade".

If others feel I've missed something, or would rank it differently, then
fire away, but tell us the reasoning behind your choices.

Regards,
Joel