<VV> The Corvair IS a Classic

Charles Peck cpeckatsalmon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 14:40:09 EDT 2007

I am getting pretty old and some of the details are a little blurry, BUT:

In the early 70's (could have been really late 60's), some group like the
ADI (American Design Institute) or the IDI (International Design Institute)
?chose/declared/voted? the LM Corvair a Classic.

My best guess is I read this in "Machine Design" while I was in Grad School.
I DO remember thinking it was cool having a "Classic".

In some people's opinion, this may not be as good as having some Car Group
view my Corvairs as Classics; but, I actually think it is BETTER - no vested
interest!

Chuck Peck
Salmon, Idaho

65 140 Corsa Coupe