<VV> Corvair: BusinessWeek

Rodney Spooner corvairenterprises at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 15:08:49 EDT 2007

Thanks for the heads up Mike. Please post ALL of your responses defending our beloved Covair and/or e-mail them to me at corvairenterprises at yahoo.com.

  The following was my response.

  Re: Chevrolet Corvair. In 1972, The National Transportation  Highway Safety Administration released 2 independent reports that proved that the "early model" Chevrolet Corvair (sensationalized in Ralph Nader's book, "Unsafe At Any Speed") didn’t possess any inherent unsafe handling characteristics. Furthermore the NTHSA declared that the Corvair handled as well or better than any other car built in that era. Unfortunately, this truth isn't salacious enough to sell books and magazines. But it is the truth.
  I feel far safer driving my Corvair than a Ford Pinto, Mustang, Crown Victoria (all of which have a propensity to turn into unsafe "Car-B-Q's" when rear ended) and the Ford Explorer with its unsafe rollover problem.
  Business week needs to verify Palmeri's resume and qualifications. Anyone can regurgitate tripe. Remedial investigation would have revealed the truth. BusinessWeek, stick to business reporting or MYOB.
  Visit www.corsa.org for more information.
  Vairy truly yours,
  Rodney Spooner
  CORSA member since April 2002
  Inland Empire Corvair Club (CORSA Chapter 925) since April 2002.

Oh you guys are gonna love this:

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/08/0824_uglycars/index_01.htm?chan=rss_topSlideShows_ssi_5

A slideshow of the ugliest cars.  Guess what car is in it?  At least they show an early so I can't really argue with them on that.  But the

 comments, sheesh.

mikeH

firing off an angry letter as we speak.