<VV> Choke Pull Offs Pulsing In and Out at Acceleration technical

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 28 18:16:55 EDT 2007

I was at the car show Sunday. Yellow '69 Fitch.

   I still think a compression/bleed down test may pinpoint a problem. Chances are if you put a vacuum gage on the port the indicator would swing wildly. I had a similar problem with a 140 and it required a head removal and valve grind.

   The pull offs work on the engine vacuum. The vacuum should be quite constant. I figure you get a vacuum, then a pressure spike from an intake valve that isn't closing, allowing the manifold to be pressurized for a moment.

   There is also (I Think) something to do with late valve timing??

  Any body else want to chime in on this problem?

David George <dgeorge at heritage-consultants.com> wrote:
          Thanks Mike. Today I warmed up the car then pulled the lines to the pull offs and plugged them. The noise associated with the pull offs stopped. Does that give you any more information supporting the valve problem? Thanks!

MIKE KOVACS