<VV> Dennis and Debbie

Corvair66 at aol.com Corvair66 at aol.com
Thu Aug 30 08:40:40 EDT 2007

 This article is from our September, Corvairs of New Mexico, newsletter. We
are gratefull to have counted Debbie and Dennis as friends.

===START ARTICLE===

To all our Corvair Family:

Debbie Pleau died suddenly on Saturday, August 25, 2007 at her home in
Elbert,
Colorado. She and Dennis were preparing to move to Woodland,
California, near
Sacramento, where they wanted to be closer to family members and where
they
planned to start their own business.

Debbie and Dennis moved to Albuquerque in 1990 and joined CNM in
October of that
year. They quickly became enthusiastic and almost indispensable members
of our
club as well as becoming active in the national CORSA organization. We
will
always remember Debbie's contribution as chairperson of the 1996 CORSA
International Convention in Albuquerque. Debbie worked countless hours
organizing and preparing for the Convention and saw it through to an
unqualified
success. Many of us believe this was the best Convention ever. While
many of us
worked long hours on this major club project, there is little doubt
that Debbie
was the heart and soul of our endeavor. A tangible memento of our CORSA
Convention is the "Vairs in the Air Cookbook" put together by Debbie,
Heula
Pittman and Brenda Stickler. In December 1996 Corvairs of New Mexico
presented
Debbie the club's IKE MEISSNER AWARD for outstanding service.

The Pleaus left us to move to the Colorado Springs area about seven
years ago
and immediately became active in the Pikes Peak club where Debbie
served as
president. Debbie's work with CORSA has included serving as chair of the
Merchandise Committee. Debbie and Dennis attended any number of CORSA
Conventions, often driving across half the country to attend, including
this
year's Convention in Detroit. Closer to home, Debbie and Dennis have
been active
in our series of Tri-State events in New Mexico and Colorado. We fondly
remember
the Pleaus' Christmas Open House where we could have a great party with
great
friends while listening to the afternoon Amtrak rumble by. Debbie and
Dennis and
Michael and Steven were a wonderful family and we in New Mexico will
miss them.

The Corvairs of New Mexico Sunshine Committee is collecting donations in
Debbie's memory to help with the Pleaus' expenses at this sad time. If
you wish
to contribute you may make a donation at our September 5th regular
meeting, or
you may wish to mail a check, payable to CORVAIRS OF NEW MEXICO to Kim
Patten,
66 Kiva Place, Sandia Park, NM 87047. The donations will be forwarded
to Dennis,
Michael and Steven.

Thank you, Corvairs of New Mexico Sunshine Committee

===END ARTICLE===

 Thank you,
Dave Huntoon, Corvairs of New Mexico