<VV> Strange Electrical Problem

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Thu Aug 30 13:22:12 EDT 2007

I was laying under the dash attempting to replace the ignition switch, and the courtesy lights came on all of a sudden.... surprise! Tried the start (with the switch hanging below the dash) and it started! Took it home - 12 miles - (with a Honda following me, just in case) and had no problem. When arrived home, tried start a couple of times, and all was fine.

Jim,

Seems to me that you had a bad connection at the ignition switch or something inside the switch. The problem went "away" as soon as you started messing with the ignition switch. Check to make sure the harness "ears" at the switch are in good shape and working to keep the wires attached to the switch.

Ned