<VV> Strange Electrical Problem

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Aug 30 22:51:27 EDT 2007

Second, get a volt meter and check for voltage at the red plastic
terminal when the hedlamps don't work.

Skip the ignition switch as a problem, as it has nothing to do with the
headlamps.

BTW, did you *JUST* clean the terminals of the battery, or has it been a
few weeks. Some batteries have an acid leak around the post and can
cause a bad connection really fast.

There are two connectors that deliver the +12 volts to the front of the
car. One is between the engine harness and the middle body harness. Look
near the firewall, The other is under the dash near the tunnel like
sheetmetal cover. Check both for corrosion and use the voltmeter to see
where the 10 awg red wire looses voltage.

Frank DuVal