<VV> Kovacs

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 7 00:45:39 EST 2007

I had always been under the impression that it was at least partially
alcohol related.  He was on his way home from a party.

>From the famous wick:

Ten days before his 43rd birthday, Kovacs was killed in an automobile
accident in Los Angeles. After meeting Adams at a party hosted by Milton
Berle and his wife, the couple left in separate cars---Kovacs had been
working for much of the evening before the party---and, during an unusual
southern California rainstorm, the comedian lost control of the Chevrolet
Corvair station wagon while turning fast, crashing into a power pole at the
corner of Beverly Glen and Santa Monica Boulevards, and being thrown halfway
out the passenger side, dying almost instantly from chest and head injuries.

Later, JR