<VV> Tire size (revisited)

Steven steven at sashimi.org
Sat Dec 8 15:03:33 EST 2007

I've been looking at old and not so old posts and scouring the net for
available tires for my LM vert.  I've got Chevy Rally wheels, 14 x 7 and
presently up front 195/60 Goodyear GT+4 which have a crappy ride and also
look small to me (and did I mention they're noisy too?).  In the rear
they're 215/60 and they look OK.  I'm looking fo an all season performance
radial that will be close to stock diameter and a little wider, though not
nercessarily as wide as 215.

It seems my closest options are 195/70-14, 205/70-14, 0r 205/60-14.  I'm
leaning toward the 70 series primarily for ride comfort but I don't want it
to look too skinny.  There are more choices in the 195/70-14 size and the
Pirelli P-4 looks like it might be a pretty good choice.  For general street
use, is there any consensus?

Thanks,

Steve Brown

'62 Rampside