<VV> Flywheel bolts

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 10 19:18:13 EST 2007

Best tool to use is a 6 point socket. I have one that I modified by grinding the business end down flat so the socket has virtually a 100% grip. Most sockets are not designed for such a short headed bolt.

   Robyn Wood, ITC
CS10/IA LCPO
USS Abraham Lincoln CVN-72      Robyn, Thanks for being there for us.

"Wood, Robyn K ITC(SW)" <wood.robyn at cvn72.navy.mil> wrote:
  Ok,
Just need to check on what I am missing here. Was starting on
the reassembly of my '63 clutch job and noticed the flywheel bolts were
rounded a little on the edges. Went to look at what it would cost to
replace them with a better set and I see the price is approx. $6 a bolt
from the vendors. What is so special about these bolts? I have not had
time to check locally, but they appear to be 11/32(?) x 1" 24NF, grade
8. Can I dress the edges and re-install carefully or am I taking a
chance that the PO over torqued them and they could possibly fail? Any
opinion welcome....

Thanks,
Robyn Wood

'63 Spyder Vert (almost ready for the road)
'62 Rampside

x3066/2019
wood.robyn at cvn72.navy.mil