<VV> engine cooling

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 22:50:44 EST 2007

Timothy,
    Since it's rather difficult to actually "see" the  position of the
thermostat doors while driving at normal road speed, I'm  assuming you stopped the
car, left it idling, jumped out and ran back to find  both doors nearly closed.
 This is normal since the doors will only fully  open under significant
engine load and will quickly start to move toward closed  position at idle.
    The only way to tell if the car is running at a  reasonable temp (say 300
to 400 deg.F. on a stock Corsa or Spyder gauge) is to  install a temp gauge,
just like water cooled cars usually have.
    Frank "ALL Corvairs need temp gauges"  Burkhard

In a message dated 12/15/2007 9:45:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,