<VV> engine cooling

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 16 00:51:01 EST 2007

You are just not driving it hard enough <GRIN>

Obviously, they will open slower (and possibly not as far) in colder ambient
temps.  First the left one and then the right one.  They will close in
reverse order.  Start the car five minutes before you are going to drive it
if you are concerned about dropping a seat.  If it is that cold, you are
going to want the heater going anyway.  Ping (detonation) leads to dropped
seats.  It is almost impossible to hear it in a Rampside - much easier in a
car.  If an engine is "too cool" the telltale sign will be a white
substance, commonly referred to as mayonnaise, at the top of the oil filler
neck.  I doubt you will find that condition unless you are running with the
lower shrouds off in the winter.  Not a real likely scenario.

Later, JR