<VV> Airtex Fuel pumps

RUSSELL DAVIS bluechipmach at verizon.net
Sun Dec 16 08:36:15 EST 2007

I recently bought a new fuel pump for my Greenbrier project and wound up giving it to a club member when his failed. The problem was that the rod that is attached to the diapham was to big in diameter to fit in the fuel push rod that rides in the motor. It got stuck and was hell to get loose. I took it back to Carquest and ordered 3 more. One came in on Sat and it was also too big on that rod end. I took the pump and a die grinder with a 1/8" carbide burr and reduced the diameter enough to allow the rod work correctly in the fuel pump push rod.If you have spare Airtex fuel pumps, check to make sure you dont have this problem. The side of the road is not the place to discover this!
  Later
  Russ Davis
  Blue Chip Machine