<VV> 110 won't start

Jeffrey Aronson jrh at foxislands.net
Fri Dec 21 20:21:25 EST 2007

Frank,

My '66 Monza 110 4 speed also does the same. Mine is a 120,000 mile second
owner car, but I've only had it for a few months. I've tuned it up,
secured advice from the this forum, adjusted chokes, etc., and even called
over to Bill Cotrofeld in Vermont for advice.

My car will start only if I pump the accelerator a lot. It will often
cough and try to start, but not catch for long. Once it starts, and it can
take a while pumping it, it will run just great and will start throughout
the day. The first start is always the hardest, though.

So I posed all this to Bill, expecting he'd recommend a carb rebuild. He
said 'so you have one of the temperamental ones." I find that just tamping
the pedal once to set the carb does not do the trick on my Monza.

Jeff
--
Jeffrey Aronson
P.O. Box 90