<VV> Initial questions from a Corvair 'newby'

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 23 21:58:14 EST 2007

Welcome to the discussion.
I would start with investing a couple hundred into a number of books. Shop manuals, Corvair Basics, Bob Helts and Richard Finch written stuff,etc.
And of course be very careful. Use a very good quality floor jack and stands.Be sure to work on a clean stable floor. And are you in earthquake country? I know in California the San Andreas is about 150 years overdue for a major incident (1 of the many reasons we left the Los Angeles area).
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado.