<VV> Corvair WIX oil filter

bub049 at comcast.net bub049 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 26 14:50:24 EST 2007

The WIX oil filter stock number is 51038. And yes, WIX manufactures the NAPA filters.

I used to buy WIX in bulk wholesale and resell them to Vair owners, as did, I believe, J.R., when the AC filter was discontinued. The WIX/NAPA filter is far superior than the current brands available from your FLAPS.

I quit doing so when Cal Clark came out with his brand oil filter. Cal sells his for roughly what I had to sell WIX filters for, so I deferred to Cal Clark. No fuss, no muss. And Cal's is a quality filter.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

And.....I would love a video of Hank throwing a chain around the door posts and pulling a Vair over on it's top. If you ever met Hank, you would never doubt that he could do it without a come-a-long or chain hoist, just pure "Hank Power"

BobJ
Frostbite Falls, MN
CORSA since 72