<VV> lights brighten sporadically

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Sun Dec 30 15:38:57 EST 2007

The lights (headlights, dash lights etc.) on my 65 Monza sporadically get drastically brighter, then go back to normal or slightly below normal brightness.  This seems most common when the car is cold and the brightness sometimes is affected by RPM and sometimes is not.  I suspect the voltage regulator is the culprit (I dont think a bad ground would give me extra bright lights, only dim lights).  What are your opinions, and how do I fix it? Is the voltage regulator in the alternator or separate?

Thanks in advance!

Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA member
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe undergoing restification
65' Monza 110/PG coupe daily driver
www.myspace.com/vairnuts