<VV> SoCal : IECC Looking for help on 67 Monza

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Thu Feb 1 06:06:49 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per" <chaz at ProperProPer.com>
Subject: <VV> SoCal : IECC Looking for help on 67 Monza

I'm looking for someone in the Inland Empire (Hemet, So Cal) who can help me
get my 1967 Monza 110 auto (76 K miles) running ?
Chaz
****
Hi Chaz, hey, my other life is racing toy cars, we have a decal that says"
Toy Car Racers Do It By Remote Control  "

Anyway, if nobody shows up locally, you might be surprised how much help you
can get here if you want to spend a little time at the keyboard, then run
out and try things on that pretty late model ya got there.

There is kind of a logic-ladder or check list that helps us get an idea of
what is wrong.

for starters ( get it? )
Get a helper person, who can turn on lights and work the starter switch (
key) without backing over you ....   an 18 yr old kid would be good, then
they can do the crawling and bending and other dirty work (g) ....

Is the battery good??  Do the lights work?  While the lights are working,
does the engine crank over ok?  If no lights, put a voltmeter from the
positive to the negative poles on the battery, and then turn on the
lights.... if you get 12 or so volts but no lights, and the starter doesn[t
grind ( or humm loudly ! )  for you, usually your battery cables are
corroded/rotten.  This happens to my vairs about every 2 years (g).

etc. etc.   but try that first, and get back to us.   It's good to eliminate
the " easy stuff" before tearing an engine or distributor or carbs  all
apart which was working just fine.  heh heh, also makes the whole thing
kinda like a puzzle, ,,,

Kinda Like that old TV game,   " I can name that tune ( fix that corvair )
in 3 notes ( emails ) .....

regards, ken campbell, stumped in iowau