<VV> First Corvair

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sat Feb 3 22:42:52 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Kazda" <tkazda at burnhamgroup.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 1:38 PM
Subject: <VV> First Corvair

I just bought my first Corvair two weeks ago.
1. I am 6' 2" and find it difficult sitting behind the wheel (leg room).
While I have no problem getting in and out of the car,  I was wondering
if anyone had tried bolting the seat back farther on the floor board?
If so, could you send me some tips?
Tom Kazda
'66 Monza
Oswego, IL
*************
You can get some immediate ( well 20 minutes .. ) relief by unscrewing the
little stop buttons that keep the rear bottom of the  driver seatback from
angling back more ... they are screwed into the rear of the seat cushion (
fold the seatback forward and you will see them. ) ... the thinner these are
the more the seat back will angle.  You can remove them totally but would
recommend leaving them just thinned a bit ... the seatback   will lean back
a few more degrees, and you will think you have more legroom ... virtual
legroom, I think they call it ... (g) ...
hmmm I guess just to test the idea, unscrew and remove them and try the seat
... I am 6'2" also, and the improvement was about 2 to 1 ... I ran a 66 that
way for 50K miles, the seat never ate it's way to freedom thru the floor ...
*********
Congrats on what sounds like a great 'vair ....
the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org