<VV> Re: Frame Under / Body Swaps

Wayno txwayno at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 22:17:00 EST 2007

I'm new to this Virtualvairs type of group "mailing list", so I hope I am sending this to the right place.
 I'm in the process of rebuilding my '64 Convertable for my son.  Being a concerned parent, I would like for the car to have power brakes, easy access to parts for motor and trans, a/c, heat and power steering while trying to retain the classic looks of the car.  We have looked at different options including a bigger Corvair engine or maybe a Honda or Subaru engine,  but always end up back at the "g-body" frame swap.  Plans are to try and use the floor and firewall from the g-body as well,  Just hoping for some pointers from anyone that has done this in hopes to save a few headaches along the way.

Thanks for any help,
 TXwayno