<VV> opinion on backup light switches

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Feb 6 11:06:38 EST 2007

I am in need of opinions on replacing the backup light switch on my '65 4 speed.  The backup lights are getting intermittant.  They'll come on but then go out or not come on and then come on and then go out.  Flakey.

My choices are to replace the switch in the transmission or get the kit that puts a switch outside on the linkage.  That switch kit is cheaper than the transmission switch and there's some adjustability to it.

I'm no slave to stock (in spite of what some people may think) but I hesitate to change things from stock without a good reason.

Any opinions on this would be appreciated.  Thanks!

mikeH