<VV> What is a 'G body conversion' ?

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Tue Feb 6 13:33:04 EST 2007

I've following this thread, but have to ask :
What is a 'G body conversion' ?

Any pix of a successful example ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Spencer Shepard" <sshepard3 at earthlink.net>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:44 AM
Subject: <VV> Re: frame under/free candidate/'64 convertible

I have a '64 convertible that has more rust than I am willing to repair. I
had toyed with the idea of a G body conversion when a saw the cars from
Canada at Buffalo, but I know I would never finish it as it would  be about
#9 in my list of projects.

The car is probably worth what I have in it (nothing) but I am going to
salvage the powertrain and suspension for another project ('64 Lakewood).
The rest will probably go to the scrap man, but if anyone wants a big
project they can have it (in Charlotte, NC).

There isn't a lot of other good stuff, but (assuming noboby wants the whole
car) let me know if you need anything other than the desirable stuff like
chrome, etc.

Spence Shepard
the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org