<VV> Switch change

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Feb 6 20:50:23 EST 2007

If you replace the ignition switch with an early style and leave it in
the unlock (ON) position, anyone who gets in the car can start it. NOT
a great idea, but you didn't want these comments...

A hidden switch gives the theft deterent of a visable ignition switch
with no key inserted. Of course one needs to make sure no one is looking
when the car is started, as the secret is easily seen. Friends will be
able to borrow the car at will.Wiring hidden switches should be a piece
of cake. Two maintained switches, one for ignition and one for
accessories, and a momentary for the starter operation. Could even use
one maintained switch with a relay for the accessories, a la 90's era GM.

Of course there may be aftermarket RFID type starters on the market by
now, where the owner just needs the RFID key in their pocket for the car
to start with a push button.

Frank DuVal