<VV> Re: Rebodies/rechassis, no Corvairs

Ron Choy ronchoy at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 11:13:58 EST 2007

While visiting Cuba, I saw a good number of what Cubans call
"Cadillacs", old any-brand American cars, which had Lada running gear
beneath. You could tell from the outside because of the big truck
tires, and inside, there was a yard long gearshift sticking up the
middle.  Some were crude, some were elegant in execution.  Of course,
there were many with original gear. I believe there are only one or
two Corvairs there. I saw none.  I loved a perfect 1959 Buick Electra
convertible in Havana. -ron 65,66