<VV>Fuel Pump "Issues"

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Feb 8 09:58:09 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/8/2007 5:47:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
themoose at bellsouth.net writes:

Turn the  key off you say? - Well, the impact shot my car forward, and my
ignition keys  didn't really study inertia so they ended up hidden under the back
seat.   Funny how you can take the keys out of a 1960's vehicle while it's
switched  on...

I was able to find my keys, turn the car off within about 30-45  seconds...as
oil pumped out of my running car.  She was a great Corvair -  one I miss
everyday until I get into my "new" Corvair...  :)

That would have also happened with a stock pump, as well. With the possible
exception of the car being hit hard enough in the back to "take-out" the
original fuel pump and/or the distributor - Then you would likely have  additional
issues!
- Seth