<VV> Fuel pump

kcvair at netscape.com kcvair at netscape.com
Fri Feb 9 07:38:04 EST 2007

I suppose others have mentioned this and also done it but I have electric fuel pump mounted more or less for emergency purposes and to pump up the fuel after the car has been setting for awhile.  I have a cutoff switch to cut the power off (for safety purposes) except when really needed and use  mechanical pump all the rest of the time the Corvair is running.  There seems to be no problem pumping fuel through the electric pump.  I guess I'm gun shy of the mechanical pumps as that is about the only thing about my Corvairs that has let me down in 45 years of Corvair driving.(yes, I know I'm getting over the hill).  Ken